Five signs you might need to know about negotiating
Negotiating has become a dirty word as Brexit drags on and on and people comment about how poor a negotiator Theresa May and others have been.
We often don’t think that we have to negotiate, yet every day we do it from agreeing what TV programme you are going to watch with your partner, to buying and selling in your business life.
Here are five signs that maybe you need to build your negotiation skills:
- You hate haggling, in true British style it embarrasses you
- You really don’t think that you have the character to be a tough negotiator
- You definitely don’t want to use pressure to close a deal with a prospect, that’s what pushy salesmen do
- You don’t like conflict or disputes, you’d rather avoid them
- You worry that being firm in a negotiation could upset your relationship with the person
If any of these sound like you then join our next business skills session to get tips and tools which will help you whatever stage you are in your negotiating life.