Should you worry about Brexit? 5 positive things to do
Every paper and every radio and TV newscast includes something about Brexit, and often it is not positive.
No one knows what is going to happen so do you need to worry? I contributed to a blog about the impact of Brexit on SMEs last month where I gave my thoughts on things that make sense to do to be prudent in the run up to Brexit, but should you worry?
My view is that as a solopreneur you have limited time and resource and need to focus on what you can impact rather than worrying about possibilities that you can’t change anyway.
If you start worrying about Brexit I suggest you do one of the following positive things which you can control and will help your business and help you refocus away from the negative:
- Ring a prospect to see if they are ready to buy
- Contact a customer to see how they are doing and if you can get their feedback for a case study or testimonial
- Write a blog or LinkedIn or Facebook post promoting your business with a clear call to action like a download
- Look at your numbers for the business, how are you doing on sales and do a cash flow forecast to take you past March. This will help you feel in control and identify where you are financially
- Take a break, have a full day off without looking at emails, social media or anything to do with the business so that you come back refreshed with renewed enthusiasm
As business people we don’t have to follow the politicians who have lost track of what is important and are just focusing on Brexit, we can lead the way and ensure we flourish and help the UK be successful whatever happens.
As a member of Solopreneur Growth Club you will get lots of positive ideas and support to take your business forward.